
For the past six years, Thom and I have attended Memorial Day mass at the cemetery that Jimmie was laid to rest. Each year we agonize over the wreath that we place at his grave - even though the importance of it being masculine is stressed, it never seems to work out...always looks too girlie. Last year we actually tore out most of the flowers that the florist arranged and placed in our own. We just want it right since it is the only thing that we can do for him. So ordering the wreath each year has become a stressful and anxious experience for us both...I have even taken pictures and they still screw it up! Two things I hate ordering is cakes and flowers - I am NEVER satisfied with the result. But this year I think Thom and I are very pleased especially with the bow! The bow ROCKS - we loved it! They still used frilly flowers like daisies, but it worked. We used to put the picture that you see above in the middle of the wreath, but opted not to because we worry about it being taken so the bow helped fill that hole. I have taken a picture to show the florist next year so we'll see...wish me luck!

2 comments:
The wreath is beautiful. Not in a girly way. It looks perfect.
Driving past cemeteries on Memorial Day weekend always tears me up. All the flags and flowers. It makes me appreciate what I have, makes me sad for the people who have lost loved ones and makes me grateful for the people that have given their lives to protect our country. A lot of emotions.
The wreath is beautiful! May he rest in peace.
Post a Comment