Monday, June 9, 2008

Three LONG years later...

This plus this...
equals THIS!

This is an equation that I have been going over with Thom for the past three years! Yesterday was the three year anniversary since the flood that put 66,000 gallons of water in our basement filling it to the rim. After living in a travel trailer, lifting the house and pouring a new basement you would think everything would be put back together - not so much. I have been anxiously awaiting the reconstruction of the deck that we once had on the front of our house. So last Saturday a wonderful man named "Gary" built us a beautiful deck again!!! He did an AMAZING job and in lightening speed! I swear that I did not threaten him or give him the evil eye...really.

I have wanted this for so long that I still pull up to the house and think I am seeing a mirage...is it real?! Can it be?! Still need some lattice work or something around the bottom to keep the neighborhood cats out, but that is small potatoes to walking through the dirt/mud for the past three years, ya know!

This is the dirt that I walked through in rain or shine...

Before pic
Notice that our poor chimenea kept falling over because the stand would sink in the mud...so sad.


2 comments:

Heather rules said...

It looks GREAT! I want a deck so bad.
My dad get me a garbage disposal for my birthday in 1999. It did not get put in until hmmmm, about 2years ago. Men, I tell ya. But by God, if it is something they want, they are right on it. Needless to say I'm not holding my breath for a deck. ;o)

Linda said...

The deck looks wonderful! So glad you don't have to trudge through the mud anymore - especially since it won't quit raining!