Monday, February 18, 2008

Saturday Night Sweetheart Dinner

Quinn's decorated table for the sweethearts


The Sweethearts


Little Aidan joining the sweetheart dinner


Our lovely waitress for the evening


Even before we knew our Valentine's Day fate, Thom and I had reservations for the "Sweetheart Dinner" at the local American Legion held this past Saturday night. BUT! Our babysitter who told me that she could babysit...then told me Saturday that she couldn't. I just get so worn out with this babysitting thing. Since Aidan was still on the mend I decided not to hunt another one down.

Anyhoo, we decided to have the dinner takeout style. Quinn was so excited about this idea that she immediately got out her decorative scissors and decorated the table with hearts and place cards. She even was gracious enough to be our waitress for the night! I made sure to get ready just as if I was going out - hair, makeup, etc. As much as we tried to have a quiet one on one dinner together... we looked across the table to see Aidan staring back at us! He was quiet, but he was there. Oh well... that's our life and we love it!!!


2 comments:

Jennifer Lacy said...

well that is just too stinkin sweet!

Country Girl said...

i remember when james was younger and would be my waiter. he'd make a menu and everything. and then we'd watch a movie at home... but he'd make movie tickets for us. :)