Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Sick Day

Aidan trying to feel better


No more pictures, mom!


Ginger Peachy Lime Pork Chop with Spicy Roasted Potatoes and peas


Our Valentine cupcakes...both round and heart shaped!


My Valentine's Day was spent home with a sick Aidan. It was so sad...he was missing his party at school and couldn't eat any of his candy. He slept most of the day so I was able to get a lot done. I did my whole boiling of the toothbrushes routine and the bleaching of the bathrooms even though the exposure probably happened three days ago. Anyway it makes me feel better!

I figured since I was home and Thom had the evening off that I should put forth some effort to make a decent dinner since it was Valentine's Day. So I made the ginger peachy lime pork chops and spicy roasted potatoes from our Biggest Loser recipes. They were pretty good if I do say so myself! Quinn and I also managed to whip up a batch of cupcakes and heart shaped cakes too. None of the sprinkles wanted to stick to the icing so they don't resemble the box at all. Those box pictures really make me mad anyway. Stupid pictures...

Ended the night watching LOST...I am so confused. Why did Kate stay back with Sawyer? And how is Ben so darn powerful?! The scientist figuring out the island is a random freak show was interesting - just why did it take 31 minutes for the beacon to arrive? All that is way too techy for me! Hope everyone had a wonderful V-Day with their loved ones!


2 comments:

Jennifer Lacy said...

i don't know about lost but our v-days look the same! :( I am actually the only one in my office today - everyone is gone!!! I am thinking about getting an office cat.

Rockyn Robyn said...

Man! V-Day is they day for sick kiddos I think!