
(Thom I am real sorry about Hillary's sign being bigger, but hey, it's my blog!)Neither rain, nor sleet nor snow will keep them away... no, not the mailman, but the Kansas Democrat!
I could not have been prouder tonight than to see the tremendous turnout of registered Kansas Democrats to the District Caucuses. It was something to see! Exhilarating really!!! Some of us thought we were extinct or at least a dying breed, but not anymore. The Bush Jr. presidency has brought voters out of their homes in droves. Several people commented that a few years of a Bush presidency and see what happens. Tonight I witnessed kids barely eighteen years old schooling their older counterparts on the caucus process and registered Republicans who couldn't fill out the paperwork to become a registered Democrat fast enough! It was an amazing experience!! Whether we were there for Hillary, Obama or (god bless them) Kucinich, people were there to change things. It didn't matter how long it took or how long we had to stand...It was America at its best!!!
I could not have been prouder tonight than to see the tremendous turnout of registered Kansas Democrats to the District Caucuses. It was something to see! Exhilarating really!!! Some of us thought we were extinct or at least a dying breed, but not anymore. The Bush Jr. presidency has brought voters out of their homes in droves. Several people commented that a few years of a Bush presidency and see what happens. Tonight I witnessed kids barely eighteen years old schooling their older counterparts on the caucus process and registered Republicans who couldn't fill out the paperwork to become a registered Democrat fast enough! It was an amazing experience!! Whether we were there for Hillary, Obama or (god bless them) Kucinich, people were there to change things. It didn't matter how long it took or how long we had to stand...It was America at its best!!!


4 comments:
wow - that is great. we aren't registered here yet but it doesn't matter too much. we are registerted republicans and there is NO way anyone other than a democrat is going to be our next president. For the first time in my life, i am even thinking about voting dem! Although i think my money is on Obama. Sorry.
i've actually NEVER voted, never even registered, but... this just may be the year... i'm diggin' obama :) -- sorry hill fans
Wish I could have made it to the caucus. Hillary is getting my vote! I'd like to see Obama as her VP...
you crack me up!
Post a Comment