While I have a brief moment to vent, I would like to discuss why car seats have to have so many knooks and crannies!I was driving home from work today feeling pretty good about the evening (nice weather, most of the laundry is done, ghost hunters is on tv all night) when Aidan starts throwing up over and over again. He said that his stomach hurt and I briefly thought "wow, wouldn't it stink if he threw up while in the car"...jokes on me. So I get poor boo bear home and cleaned up and to bed for rest. I then went out and assessed the situation of the back seat of my car and car seat...not good, not good at all. The foulness not only covered the car seat, but had made it to the seat of the car below and down in the seat belt hole! Did you hear that? Down in the seat belt hole!!! Ick! Anyway, after several trips of soapy water to clean my car I finally get to the dreaded car seat. After I got the cover off and in the washing machine along with Aidan's coat, I wash and spray and wash and scrub and still can't seem to get the grossness out of all the sections and compartments that live under the covering of a car seat! Now I am sure that the developers of car seats are incredibly bright individuals, but why so many little areas for things to collect in?! Do all these compartments help the car seat be safer? If not, then do away with these hard to clean areas!!! I spent a solid hour cleaning this seat up and still think it would just be easier to buy a new one!!! Good grief!
I am still venting...
Then I sit down to try an enjoy some Ghost Hunters and A throws up yet again on his sheets and on the floor. So I strip the bed, put on new sheets, take the car seat and coat in the dryer and the messed up sheets in the wash. About now I was thinking whether I could give the kids the Elderberry extract that I preach so much about! Not the wine... the extract! I will say Aidan is making it to the bathroom better than Quinn ever does so hopefully my hourly clean up on aisle 5 is over for tonight. Poor little guy!

6 comments:
ah man... you poor girl!! and poor aidan too of course.
and the really sad thing... you KNOW your car will still be rank in the morning on your drive to work.
LOL!!! GHOST HUNTERS INTERNATIONAL WAS GOOD, BUT I'M READY FOR NEW EPISODES OF JASON & GRANT!!!!!COMING IN MARCH!
I know. I was thinking I might have to get a new car too! :) We are home today, but I am sure the smell is out there.
Ghost Hunters Intl was good. That guy at the end was shocked that such clear voices were recorded. You know he didn't sleep that night! :)
Poor baby and Poor mama! Is that a Britax Carseat - that really is the best one and the easiest to clean. I don't think it is a problem with carseat manufactures, i believe kids shouldn't throw up so much! Hang in there and why don't you have a little wine - eldeberry or not! :)
Poor thing. Hope he's better today.
I don't understand the nooks & crannies of car seats either. WHY? I probably would have bought a new car seat and thrown that one as far as I could! LOL!
That was just a random pic of a car seat - not Aidan's seat. Good to know if was a good one. :)
I think I am upgrading to a new booster seat because as much as a soaped that puppy down - I can still smell it! And I still haven't been out to my car.
Post a Comment