Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Pajama Day! Oh my!


Today was Pajama Day at Aidan's preschool. Now normally this is an exciting event, but he got a little spooked by the break in routine. (yes, I think I have another ocd on my hands) It was hard to get him to understand that he could wear his pajamas to school in the first place. They were also allowed to bring a sleeping bag, flashlight and a snack of their choice - Aidan's was popcorn. When we got to his classroom all the cute little kids were running in their stocking feet and pajamas around all of the cars, sponge bob and princess sleeping bags... fun, right? Aidan immediately runs to his cubby where he keeps a change of clothes and wants to change into them. I insist that it is okay to have his pajamas on and everyone is having fun - to join them. He starts to cry and clings to my leg. Even after laying out his Cars sleeping bag there is no break in the fear of this unknown ritual called "pajama day".

4 comments:

Country Girl said...

ever wonder why we don't get pajama days as adults? it's just not fair! ;(

jenny said...

i know...it would be a great morale booster! and as adults we would so appreciate the "fun" factor.

Jennifer Lacy said...

ummmm yeah, i would say OCD. Poor little guy. And I am all in favor of adult pj day! Although at the eagle can you imagine some of pj's? Eewwwww!

Heather rules said...

Gage will NOT participate in pajama day at school either and he is eight. I would LOVE to wear my pj's to work. He just is not comfortable with it AT ALL. Silly kids.