Some of you have asked about the Big Wheel Trikes and personalized capes that Santa delivered for the kids this year... well they haven't been quite as popular as some other gifts. So they were a bust, Santa - try harder next year! :) The Trikes: Quinn loves hers and screams around the basement, but doesn't really think much about her cape; Aidan rarely rides his trike and has never adorned the cape with his "A" on the back. They used to tie blankets around them and pretend that they had capes on so perhaps Santa took the fun of their pretend play...who knew.
And a very strange decision happened when we went shopping with grandpa and grandma's christmas money to buy Aidan some new shoes... he chose fire trucks over dump trucks! We went from Target to Payless and then to Walmart because Aidan insisted on finding dump truck shoes to replace his now too small dump truck shoes. Yes, I did this for a three year old. Anyway, we find dump truck shoes in Walmart, perfect - right? No, right next to the d.t. shoes were flaming fire truck shoes and he went crazy! I was speechless and felt like I needed to take a moment...my little boy who ALWAYS chooses the dump truck had moved on...
And a very strange decision happened when we went shopping with grandpa and grandma's christmas money to buy Aidan some new shoes... he chose fire trucks over dump trucks! We went from Target to Payless and then to Walmart because Aidan insisted on finding dump truck shoes to replace his now too small dump truck shoes. Yes, I did this for a three year old. Anyway, we find dump truck shoes in Walmart, perfect - right? No, right next to the d.t. shoes were flaming fire truck shoes and he went crazy! I was speechless and felt like I needed to take a moment...my little boy who ALWAYS chooses the dump truck had moved on...

3 comments:
Lord. He doesn't look 3 - he looks way older than that!!!
Jenn, Linda from the Eagle. Am enjoying your blog! Can't believe how grown up the kids are getting.
Target, huh?? Might this have been the day I saw you and the kids?? Christina... formerly of the Regal Beagle. :)
Post a Comment