Monday, January 28, 2008

The Biggest Thing to Happen in 100 Years!



Larry Thompson and the Big Buckle Band


Saturday night Thom, I and a few friends, Marcy, Roy and Kathy headed up to the big city of Moundridge! We wanted to check out a new bar that everyone had been talking about and listen to Marcy's favorite band. As Kathy put it, "this bar is the biggest thing to happen to Moundridge in 100 years." After quite an ordeal of the night being a girls night out then a couples night, babysitters canceling two hours before we left, Roy's plane being delayed and people getting sick... we persevered and had a very fun night out!

When we arrived at Block 32 we got a front row table to enjoy Larry and the guys which would later prove to be an excellent vantage point for the locales dancing - stay tuned. Thom went to use the bathroom and some guys wanted to know the name of the guy I was with so I told them and they still seemed confused. Then they asked what he did for a living and I said own a liquor store and they both said "that's it!" So my hubby is a celebrity, ladies! Thank goodness we could enjoy our evening out without any paparazzi...

The service was a little hard to come by (okay A LOT hard to come by), but once we befriended a waitress we did alright... kinda. Here's the deal - we ordered spinach and artichoke dip and were told that they ran out of artichokes; Marcy and Kathy had their Michelob Light run out; after close to 100 beers, Thom drank them out of Coors original too! On a bright side, the food was much better than the average "bar food"...kinda. Again the deal - the salad that came with the meal was pretty and on a fancy square white plate, but was tiny; how I paid close to $14 bucks for a half portion of sirloin I will never know, but it was a very good steak. Thom liked his fajitas and Kathy's Reuben sandwich looked amazing. But nothing and I mean nothing compared to the entertainment of Larry's band and the locales dancing!

Even though there was no dance floor, many people made a spot just in front of the band where Thom and I were seated. It was dangerous at times. I don't know who I liked the best - the guy in the sleeveless shirt holding a beef stick while dancing and sometimes acting like he had a crank film projector or the lady in black vinyl pants and a long string of pearls. It was truly entertaining and so much fun!!! Despite the many little things that went wrong, this was a great evening had by all and one to remember for sure!


3 comments:

Jennifer Lacy said...

sounds like quite the night! glad the paps left you alone!

Country Girl said...

wow... beef stick, and black vinyl pants, that's hot. ;)

Linda said...

woo hoo...sounds like fun!