In honor of Martin Luther King, Jr, I would like share a dream that I have to have a room devoted only to crafts, scrapbooking, etc. This room should possess an eclectic group of furniture for its storage needs. Now this is not as profound as the dreams of Martin Luther King, Jr., but a dream none the less and a perfect day to share it with you.
I have a favorite thrift store that I find most of my funky furniture at and lately there has been craft room furniture! The purple chest of drawers is my latest find and the only thing that I felt I needed to change was the hardware because I don't do flowers. I replaced them with some silver knobs and like it much better! I was going to get all cool and buy different crazy knobs (which I may still do), but most of those knobs were $4 a piece!!! The bargain, thrift store shopper in me just couldn't do it - not at this time anyway. However, there are days where I am willing to spend money like that... right, Kay? So I went to Target because they have these amazing value packs of hardware. Now it looks so much better!
P.S. The big square table in the middle is also from my fav thrift store! I love it so much!

7 comments:
Okay, I wanna know, where is this thrift store? I would like to check it out...
Jenn....you are not allowed to tell where our secret thrift store is! If you give out the address all the good stuff will be taken! Where else do we go where they know us by name when we walk in!
jenn... you MUST spread the wealth!! where is it??
and... i totally dig your dream. it's kinda been one of mine too. right now though, i think i should just dream about doing some scrapbooking. it's been FAR too long!
LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!! Super cool!
I wanna know, too!!
Kay is going to kill me for this, BUT I have always been one to share the wealth... the thrift store is on e. central between hydraulic and hillside on the south side of the street. To this day I don't know that it has a name, but has quirky, cool stuff from time to time... so have it at ladies and be sure to post your finds! :)
Post a Comment