

Tonight I had pizza without pop... I drank water instead, blah. It had me remembering better days before Lent started when I would have been able to enjoy this sweet bubbly drink - Diet Pepsi to be exact. It is madness I tell you!!! I am losing my mind without my pop!!! I don't know whether it is the fact that I can't have it or my withdrawal from whatever artificial sweetener that it contains but it has me coming back like a crack addict. I have iced tea in its place most of the time, but tonight I gave up the masquerade and just had water. The iced tea can't replace my Diet Pepsi - nothing can. Now I know that my fast from pop is not even close to the greatest of self sacrifices and I really should put it into perspective... I am just glad that I didn't give up wine for Lent!

3 comments:
hang in there girl. Diet Pepsi will be there when Lent is over. And maybe by then you won't be craving it.
i know it's rough... easter is only two weeks away. i won't tell you how heavenly the diet a&w root beer is that i'm chuggin' right now. ;)
wow - good job. i wasn't quite that good this year.
Post a Comment