
Sorry this post is so late, but last week the combo of the beautiful weather and the added daylight I could not sit down and blog! Today is rainy and crappy so here I am...
Sunday, March 9th was Girl Scout Sunday - this is when the Girl Scouts attend different church services to experience other religions. This year Sacred Heart (our church) was the one chosen for the local troops to attend. All of the girls and their families sat together adorned in their Daisy, Brownie or Girl Scout bling with a welcome from Father Baxter at the beginning of mass. Afterwards we all had a potluck luncheon in the church hall - Father Baxter even joined us for some chow! Everyone thought everyone else was bringing chicken so we ended up with a whole lotta meatballs!!! And mac and cheese. I opted for the full size pigs in a blanket, spaghetti salad and brownies... they all were a hit.
It was a great day in more ways than one because Thomas (Tommy) was in town on leave from the Navy. He attended mass and the potluck with us which was to Quinn's delight... and ours. Quinn doesn't like to miss a chance to show off her big brother! She is so magnificently proud of him as our we!!! Thomas was able to spend most of the day with us. We all enjoyed getting to see him - it just is never long enough. Now I know what Mom and Dad felt like when I would breeze in and breeze out when I was his age...paybacks, paybacks. He didn't have much time since he drove here from California and had to be back on Wednesday - so it was a very quick trip. Had to get a picture of Aidan and Thomas though because Aidan looks just like Thomas did at this age.





2 comments:
i LOVE the brownie pics - WOW, takes me back to childhood. :)
and tommy... what a handsome sailor!
sounds like a very proud day! what a beautiful family!
Post a Comment