

So today was an extremely windy day and my hubby calls and says that the awning above our deck has flown off. At first I think he is joking because it has been one thing after another with this house, but no - it was true. The good news is that it did not tear in holes in the side of the house when it ripped free. Because of the weight of the awning we will have to remove it tomorrow when it is not so windy. In the meantime I am trying not to lose it...this house has beaten me down...broke me, really. We have been fixing our house up for years and have our eye on selling it this summer which is a summer too late for me, but I got to tell you that I am not hopeful. The lack of time, energy and money to make things into what I see as a "show" condition plus the economy has me discouraged. I often think that things happen for a reason or maybe that is just something I tell myself so that I don't give up...who knows. Tomorrow is a new day...ugh.
3 comments:
Holy crap! That sucks!! This is second to the video of the flood coming in the windows and filling up your basement!!!
OH gosh - so sorry, you guys really have been through it in that house. Just remember everything happens for a reason and when the timing is right, it will all come together. Hang in there!
It's always something when you own a home, isn't it? Hope everything works out for you...
Post a Comment