As you probably have guessed by now, it takes me a looooonnnng time to decompress after Christmas about twenty days or so. I used to love Christmas, but these days not so much – too much work. Between the shopping, Christmas celebrations and having family visit- my body literally feels like I have been kicked down a flight of stairs so it takes me a while to recover. I go into hiding, really. So I am back and slowly recharging.
Even with the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season I thought of my blog sisters...
Jenn…I thought of you as I hung my super cool fuzzy “J” ornament on my tree and hoped that you were feeling settled in your new home and enjoying your beautiful family. Brooke’s Merry Christmas message on my cell phone brought a huge smile to my face when I was really needing one!!
Linda…I knew you were loving having Brandon home from college and enjoying the laughter of a full house. Thought of how trying the Eagle can be at holidays and hoped you were weathering it like a champ!
Robyn…I knew you were snuggled up with some yummy coffee creation maybe even a panini and sharing your moments with your super sweet hubby and gorgeous daughter. As we drove through the lights on St. Paul, I thought of the meaningful work and time you have devoted…you inspire me to do more.
Christina…I hoped and prayed that you were able to spend some precious time with your amazing son, James. You are such a strong and devoted mother. I wished that the holidays could offer you some relief from your pain of missing him.
Heather…I prayed that your time with your mom and dad was peaceful and a time of healing. Your incredible hubcap and son I am sure kept you smiling! I also wondered if maybe this was the Christmas that got you a dishwasher…pretty please.
Chris…I was so happy that you are finally in a very happy place with your new job. It was so nice to see you at the Christmas Sharing distribution! You always make me laugh and I am still eternally grateful for your artful instruction on making curly ribbon bows!!
Amy…I knew that despite family chaos – you are truly blessed. Having been your friend for awhile now, I have known different times for you and am so grateful that you reached such a wonderful place in your life! Natalie is such a joy and Jeff is a wonderful partner for you to share it all with…
Maria…I chuckled at the thought of you having Christmas and Hanukah and wondered if you had heard of the O.C.’s Christmakah. As devoted to tv as I am, I am sure that you had. I knew you were being the ultimate crafter and making the coolest things!
Mission to Space
7 years ago

4 comments:
Jenny - what a sweet post! You are so thoughtful to think of all your blog sisters! I hope your new year has started off great, and only gets better from here on out! Bless you!
You are too sweet! I miss you here at work!
ahhh well that just made my dad! Love ya!
Thank you!! I am sorry I never called you back about lunch. My last day was weird and as you can see from my blog, it has been just crazy!! It should calm down next week and maybe Natalie and I can join you for lunch or something!!
Post a Comment