Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Spoiled Mommy

For years, I have always hung our stockings at Christmas and made sure that everyone had many wonderful things to find. My stocking however, always remained empty. Some years I bought things for myself and put them in the stocking and complimented myself loudly on how well I did on the gifts, but this year I was spent. I didn't even want to hang my stocking up because the whole idea was ridiculous. WELL! Because of my darling daughter I had a beautiful snowflake necklace and a travel mug in my stocking this year!!! Now I know how Susan Lucci felt when she finally won a Daytime Emmy. I wear the necklace almost every day...I just love it!

Another one of my favorite gifts are the pieces of Paula Deen Signature cookware. I received the square griddle, 2 3/4 quart covered frying pan, sauce pan and two saute skillets...they are beautiful and cook so very nice! I never realized how bad things were turning out with my other cookware, but my eyes have been opened - I now look like I know what I am doing!! Woohoo!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I'm not going to tell Corby about your Paula Deen cookware or he'll come steal it!

And way to go Quinn! Great job taking care of momma's stocking!

jenny said...

Linda, funny thing is that my stepson Chris who is moving into his first apartment wants to steal the new cookware too! I will have to keep my eyes on them. Corby would love the cookware since he is a much better cook than I!

Linda said...

don't know about him being a better cook, but he already has some Emeril cookware, so he doesn't need Paula too! LOL!