Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

This Halloween was definitely a slap dash last minute effort for us. I took the day off of work and crammed all of the activities into one day...whew. After Build a Bear workshop we carved our pumpkins on Halloween afternoon - just in time! Aidan did an amazing job scooping out his pumpkin and instructed me on what kind of face his pumpkin should have. He wanted two mean eyebrows so that his pumpkin could be very scary. Quinn decided to carve her own and did the ever fated accidental removal of the teeth...darn, I hate when that happens. You spend all that time carving teeth and then you cut straight across and wham they are gone...all that work for nothing. I carved the momma pumpkin and since Thom could not be with us we made his pumpkin the silly one - couldn't be more true to life!

Aidan scooping out his pumpkin

Quinn carving her pumpkin...I can't watch

Left to right...my pumpkin, Thom's pumpkin, Quinn's and Aidan's

Trick or treating was pretty uneventful this year. We made our usual trip to Grandpa and Grandma's and Tim and Emma's then headed back home to scour the neighborhood. Aidan was mostly afraid to go up to the houses especially if they were decorated, but Quinn was the brave one and probably got more candy because of it. We ended up in a kid-friendly housing addition close to our home and with the weather so nice I just parked my car and walked with the kids. They ran from one door to the next with Aidan screaming "Mom, can we go to another house?" as he ran by me to the next house. I guess it was a rhetorical question. After only thirty minutes Quinn said she was done and wanted to go home...what?! I guess I can't blame her - we used to be in a group of our friends...no parents...much more fun. Too bad times have changed! Both Quinn and Aidan immediately ripped off their costumes and went to looking through their candy so I did not get pics of them in costume. The costumes were not that different from last year though - Aidan was Spider man again and Quinn was a Bat Girl which looked just like last year's Spider Queen just replace the spiders with bats. Here is last year's photo anyway!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Great job on the pumpkins.

By the way, you've been tagged. Check out my blog.

Amy said...

Seriously, no photos of the costumes? You crack me up. I am sure they were at least $20 each and no photos!!! AND you probably crawled to the end of the earth to get them!!! Just teasing ya....looks like you all had a good time!