(Aunt Debbie and Sherry would be so proud)
Like I had mentioned we went to Build-A-Bear Workshop on Halloween since Quinn was out of school that day and I had promised it for over a year! She has had a gift card from Aunt Debbie to use and we just never made time so this was it...the day. We went after Aidan's four year checkup so I figured with the shots he received that he should get to build a bear too.
Clearly they were not expecting company that day because there were boxes everywhere, but the kids got a personalized show because of it. First you pick a bear or animal out then they fill it with the stuffing. I got to tell you that this machine took on a new meaning for me recalling the Nip/Tuck episode where that crazy old lady stuffed an actual guy with the same machine...freaky. I miss that show! Anyway, then you pick out a heart and do this ritual which I can't quite remember, but something like hold it to your forehead because you will always think of your bear, touch your back because you will never leave your bear behind...etc. then warm up the heart and place it inside your bear/animal...pretty cute. Aidan was more into it than Quinn...she just wanted to get to picking out Zoey's outfit! The animals are then given an air bath - don't quite know why, but those were the rules.
Then to Quinn's favorite part...picking out the outfit/outfits. She picked a very Quinn like outfit for Zoey, a breast cancer ribbon t-shirt and a witch Halloween costume. Aidan started with a construction worker hard hat, but then ended up with a hockey player ensemble. It was a great time and with a drive thru McDonald's we had quite a day!
Clearly they were not expecting company that day because there were boxes everywhere, but the kids got a personalized show because of it. First you pick a bear or animal out then they fill it with the stuffing. I got to tell you that this machine took on a new meaning for me recalling the Nip/Tuck episode where that crazy old lady stuffed an actual guy with the same machine...freaky. I miss that show! Anyway, then you pick out a heart and do this ritual which I can't quite remember, but something like hold it to your forehead because you will always think of your bear, touch your back because you will never leave your bear behind...etc. then warm up the heart and place it inside your bear/animal...pretty cute. Aidan was more into it than Quinn...she just wanted to get to picking out Zoey's outfit! The animals are then given an air bath - don't quite know why, but those were the rules.
Then to Quinn's favorite part...picking out the outfit/outfits. She picked a very Quinn like outfit for Zoey, a breast cancer ribbon t-shirt and a witch Halloween costume. Aidan started with a construction worker hard hat, but then ended up with a hockey player ensemble. It was a great time and with a drive thru McDonald's we had quite a day!

No comments:
Post a Comment