Friday, November 28, 2008

Blog Tag

I have been tagged by Linda and Maria...so long ago that they may have forgotten! And since I am even later to the party than Heather there is no one left to tag. So here goes!

Here are the rules of the game:

  • Link to the person who tagged you.
  • Post the rules on your blog.
  • Write 6 random things about yourself.
  • Tag 6-ish people at the end of your post.
  • Let each person know he/she has been tagged.
  • Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Here are six random facts about me:

1) I am terribly superstitious and have a number phobia. Whenever I pass a broken down car or accident while driving I have to touch the cross hanging from my rear view mirror or I believe it will happen to me. I used to touch the cross and knock three times on my wooden key chain, but the key chain broke so I have eliminated this step...so far, so good. My number phobia is of the number eleven (I am actually nervous just typing it). Anyway, I do not stop at number eleven gas pumps or cash registers and do not let the total dollar value have an eleven in it. Never schedule appointments on that day unless unavoidable and never have eleven dollars or just eleven cents in my wallet. It all started with my mom's death on December 11 and has just manifested from there. I just am spooked by that number now and believe bad things happen around that number. The above post shows that I am making tremendous progress though!

2) I have traveled around the entire eastern half of the United States, but have never been west of Kingman, Kansas and that was for a funeral.

3) My dream job as a child and even still today was to be an overseas correspondent for CNN. I watch the reporters in Iraq, Bosnia and other war zones with great envy. Some days when I am feeling invincible I still think it is possible! It was a choice a long time ago of how I wanted to have a family and raise children. Things are pretty awesome, but I often wonder what if.

4)When I was thirteen I was in a bicycle accident that scraped the entire right side of my face and caused me to lose consciousness. I have not been on a bicycle since. My front tire of my ten speed went into a slotted drain as I was rolling down hill and stopped me cold, flinging me face first into the pavement. I blacked out for awhile, coming to with my friend Sarah and a passer by looking over me. I could not remember my name of where I lived so my friend instructed the woman that stopped to help where I lived so she could drive me home. That was such a fun day. The whole reason I went up to the local drug store that day was to get a pair of pink jelly shoes that I had saved up for. Not only did I not get back on a bike, but I didn't wear the shoes either.

5) I am freaked out by elves and the nutcracker. During the Christmas season I just try and focus on the warm and fuzzies like Santa, snowmen, angels, etc. All elves are so creepy looking with their pointy ears and shoes..ahhh. The nutcracker looks like he is a cannibal waiting to happen - who the heck thought of that was messed up.

6) A few years back I tried being a real estate agent - turned out it wasn't for me. I was an agent for Prudential for two years. They were super kind letting me part time it with my day job. The day I passed my exam to get my license was September 11, 2001...maybe it was a sign.

1 comment:

Linda said...

never west of Kingman? I can't believe you haven't been to Colorado!!!!

I didn't know you tried selling real estate. I think that's a tough job!!!