Thursday, August 28, 2008

Found them!


The shoes above have caused me a great deal of stress this past weekend. Quinn had her heart set on this particular shoe - the Rocket Dog Lil J in golf plaid (shown). While school shopping we went to every store imaginable looking for plaid shoes that she would love...no luck. Had to have plaid shoes for some reason. She saw these Rocket Dog's at Shoe Carnival, but none in her size so the saga begins. I got online and Rocket Dog has their own website so I placed an order for the shoes - easy? right? No. I get an email saying that they did not have the shoes in stock as thought so my order was canceled. Okay...so I google the stinking shoe and ever site that carries them is out of stock as well. All the while pleading with Quinn to just let this shoe leave her mind...I really should know better by now because after all she is my daughter. Anyway, I email Rocket Dog and ask if they will be making any more of this shoe. They responded rather quickly which was awesome, but only to tell me no and maybe try Famous Footwear. Much to my chagrin we had not been there yet so I got on the phone and called to check...THEY HAD IT AND IN HER SIZE! Is this a dream? So I rush down to Famous Footwear and purchase the sought after shoe. Well, Quinn was at a Girl Scout camp out so this was going to be the best surprise! When she got home we unveiled the Lil J and she freaked out! Tried it on and it was a little on the small side, got back on the phone and called around for the next size up, got in the car and exchanged them that afternoon so she could wear them school on Monday. After all this my desire to shoe shop has been squelched for the time being. If I didn't agree that they were mighty cool this never would have happened...darn, shoes.

1 comment:

Heather rules said...

I'm a big fan of the Rocket Dogs! But man, that was a hunt!