Monday, April 7, 2008

New Car...Another Payment...

Just when Thom and I thought we were back in the black again (car payment free) my ever dependable Olds Alero decides to die. It ended up just being a battery cable and battery replacement, but another costly repair was discovered. In lieu of socking a bunch of money into the Olds probably just to do it again and again now that it was way out of any warranty and 130,000 miles...we started researching cars. The internet has made car shopping so much easier than before! I was able to price shop forty cars without a sales person asking me "how can we earn your business today?" - it was too cool.

As much as I tried to avoid the whole "mom" car - I ended up getting one anyway. I thought this was sporty enough to make me forget the practical nature of it sometimes. The price was right and room will be so nice on trips! It is a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica Touring edition in kind of a funky teal blue color...sometimes it looks blue, sometimes green...a chameleon really. I originally wanted red, but once I saw a red one in person - I hated it. Funny how that works - my sister Deb said that would happen. The dealer is having a dvd player put it on Thursday which the kids are waaaayyy excited about and so am I!! They will have wireless head sets so I can listen to the radio while they watch a movie!!! Yeahhhhhh! Speaking of radio, the car came with Sirrus satellite radio which I know zip about so if anyone can share some info that would be great.

5 comments:

Heather rules said...

OMG Sirrus Radio ROCKS! They have a station "Hair Nation" and you know what that means. All commercial free. LOVE IT! We had it in the Dodge Charger we rented to take to Tablerock. LOVED IT! I want it so bad.

Rockyn Robyn said...

I WISH I COULD GET HAIR NATION IN MY NEW CAR!!!! Lucky!

LOL!! I feel ya' on the car payment thing!

Linda said...

Cool car. We're just getting out of car payments, and you're back in. Oh well, you're getting a great vehicle!

jenny said...

I think you have to pay a monthly fee for the Sirrus Radio so maybe that would be a good Mother's Day present...say a year's subscription. :) The car payment thing sucks, but Linda J. said it best...when the kids are young you need a dependable car. Whether you knew it or not - that was good advice!

Country Girl said...

seems like sirius is twenty bucks a month or something. and the pacifica's... nice vehicles, they are WAY better than a mini van - sporty, not soccer mom. :)