Saturday, September 12, 2009

Aidan's 5th Birthday

With all the events from last weekend Aidan's birthday wasn't quite how we planned, but we did our best to celebrate his day. The birthday boy started his day out by opening his presents from Quinn which was a Tonka garbage truck and a Mr. Potato Head kit. Aidan didn't know what to make of the day and missed Daddy terribly. To cheer him up I decided to show him his BIG present from Thom and I and Grandpa and Grandma...it was still in the back of my car in the box. We had planned to have the John Deere tractor put together and out in the yard for his party but had to readjust. Uncle Tim was a huge help and put it together when I brought the kids over for the day. Aunt Emma sent pics of Aidan riding it to my cell phone so I could show Thom in the hospital. Those pictures made Thom feel so much better. He was very concerned that Aidan got to ride his tractor that day. After making sure that Thom was doing okay I picked up the cake and balloons and headed to Tim and Emma's house for Aidan's impromptu birthday party. He got a remote control monster truck and rode his tractor around the yard some more before we headed to see Thom. Aidan was so happy to see his Daddy! I imagine that was the best present of the day.
Aidan opening his presents from Quinn


The Hot Wheels/#5 cake that Dillons made for us...it is made out of cupcakes! I was very pleased and Aidan thought it was "so cool".

Waiting while we sang Happy Birthday

Wonder what his wish was?


Aidan's Hot Wheels balloon

1 comment:

Linda said...

that's a pretty cool tractor AND a pretty cool cake! Happy birthday Aidan!