
I know it's August, but blogging is the last thing I have had time to do lately. With that said...our Fourth of July was way different than in year's past and was so great!!! Instead of heading over to Thom's parents house some friends invited us over for a swim in the pool, a little barbecue and fireworks. We had a wonderful time!!! Quinn and Aidan definitely enjoyed the pool. Thom and I enjoyed the tasty grilling and cooking from our hosts Mark and Leann. Mark is a master cook so when he asks you over for dinner...you accept. We feasted on marinated kabobs, sauteed mushrooms, shrimp, sausage...mmmmmm. Leann also made some fabulous monkey bread that none of us could resist!
Mark and Leann have a great seat to some top notch firework displays. We really didn't need to buy any ourselves, but Thom and the kids can't resist. Along with some crazy big and expensive night works, the big find for fireworks this year was a thing called "Sliders". You roll them on the ground with your shoes and they make an awful crackle burning sizzling sound that freaks you out. Now I do not generally like all the explosions and fire involved with the fourth, but these were so cool. I highly recommend.



Aidan using up the last of the sparklers. I don't know why Thom buys these. Quinn and Aidan only want things that explode.
Below is what the animals thought about the whole Fourth of July holiday... Emmit was tired of being wet and Bella hid under the table from the loud booms.
1 comment:
our dog hates thunderstorms, lightning and fireworks, so she was in the house too. Actually, she's been in the house a lot lately!
Post a Comment