
I have always loved this photo...I think it looks like Logan is laughing.
As I had mentioned on a previous post we had been growing concerned about our dog Logan and his quality of life. So this past Monday, April 13, 2009 we had Logan put to sleep.
The week before was agonizing as we struggled to make the decision, but it was for the best. Logan lived a great long life and only old age got the best of him after fourteen years. We miss him terribly and pray that he rests in peace now - free from pain.
We first met Logan in south Florida as we checked out his litter of brothers and sisters. He was the only puppy that ran up and bit my toe so our fate was sealed. His father was the largest German Shepherd that the world has seen and his mother a pretty petite Malumute Husky. Logan always was so handsome and had gorgeous markings. We brought Logan home just two weeks before my mother's death and a week after the death of our other dog Nagai. This sweet little puppy made me smile on days I didn't think I had one in me...he was my savior at a very dark time. There were days that I didn't feel that I would ever love him enough because of the pain I felt, but he was patient with me and proved me very wrong. We were privileged to have owned this perfect dog. Here are some photos that have made us smile...





2 comments:
I am so sorry Noone. Logan was a great dog and I will miss his loud barks when I come and see you. I am sure he is happy in doggie heaven with Gretchyn!
Jen, SO sorry about Logan. Our pets are family, and it is so hard to lose them. My thoughts are with you and your family!
Post a Comment