Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Rough Week


Last week was a rough week for Aidan. He has been having horrible separation anxiety which is lasting longer than the usual "phase". So I have been going through all the things working mothers think at these times...why am I working? do I really need to work? would I really want to stay at home anyway? Okay, after all these questions I resolve to myself that I do have to work to make the bottom line and then I get a phone call. It is Aidan's teacher saying there had been an incident (hate the word incident...just sounds bad) they noticed as they were laying him down for nap that his face was scraped up. Earlier the class had been on the playground and the teachers admit that they never noticed that anything happened!!! Clearly I was alarmed that they never noticed this, but at the same time know that it is possible. The pictures above are the day after so some of the redness on his cheeks had healed. After many discussions with Aidan we have determined that he went face first down the slide...he claims that he cried so I am still haunted that no one heard him.
Plus, I had a flat tire on the way home from work Wednesday. Ran over what sounded like a huge metal thing and it immediately flattened my back tire. Luckily I was on the interstate near where my super helpful nephews live and one of them came to my rescue! Thank you, Brian! Unfortunately the tire was ripped clean open so we had to purchase not one, but two tires since you have to replace both sides with radial tires. I hope this week will be better!

2 comments:

Linda said...

poor Aidan! It's so hard sometimes to be a working mother! I feel your pain and anxiety!

Jennifer Lacy said...

Oh gosh jenn, so sorry. Funny but i had the same week. the same look into finances and into myself if i really wnt to stay home. The answer is still unclear. It's so hard but just know that you are not alone! ps it's the main reason i havent posted on my blog in a while - didn't want to talk about it!